Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Good Morning 30, Nice to Meet You.

Today I turn 30, and I have to start this by saying Happy Birthday to my Mom.  She has always told me that you should really honor your mother on your birthday since you would not have a birthday if it was not for all that she did to get you here.  I did not truly understand this until I had children of my own.  So, for the last four years, I have started my birthday by telling my Mom "Happy Birthday" first.  Happy Birthday, Mom.  Thanks for all that you have done for me and continue to do for me daily.

I am really excited to be turning 30.  And with a big smile, I say goodbye to my 20's.  It has been my experience that the 20s are a time of "finding yourself" so to speak.  Trying to determine who you are, who you want to be and be with, what you want your life to look like and what you stand for, defining the important things in your life and the important people as well.  Just a decade of finding.

All in all my 20s were amazing as I had some major, life-changing accomplishments over the last 10 years.  I graduated college, landed my first "real" job that I am still employed at today, married my best friend and built a family with two great kids, loved unconditionally and have been loved unconditionally, met my best girl friend and truly learned what friendships were about.  I have grown in my relationships with my family as well and love them dearly.  I also experienced some heartache and disappointment, loss and even death.  I learned how to trust people and how not to trust people which has helped shape who I am today.  And through it all, I have learned that Chad and my family will always be there for me.  Thank you for that.

I feel like I am very solid in the person that I am today.  In my faith, my personality and the core of who I am.  I am happy with myself and my family.  I have great friends and know that I have a group of people that I could call at any time of the day and they would be here in a flash....with a smile.  I am so blessed and I look forward to everything that the 30s has to bring.  I hope that you will join me in my journey into a new decade.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones