Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tyler's 5th Birthday Party

We had Tyler's party this weekend and just kept it low-key with his best friend, Caleb and two cousins, Dayton and Dalton and of course Sarah too.  We also had other family come over and celebrate all things Tyler.  We started the day at Monkey Joe's which is always a hit for the kids and the adults as well.  After a couple hours, we headed home for pizza, cake and presents.  We had a G.I. Joe party this year.  Not because he loves G.I. Joe, but it was on super clearance at Party City so it definitely took the cake this year.

Tyler got everything that he wanted and more.  I love that he identifies who the present is from and has to sit with that person to open the present.  He expresses his excitement with the gift, delivers a hug and then thanks the person for the present.  It is really sweet and totally unscripted by his parents for once.  I hope that he makes everyone feel as loved as he does from them.  Thanks to everyone who celebrated the day with us.  We love you all!










After everyone had left the house and T took the nap pictured above, we shared the following exchange:
T: "Mom, I don't really look 5"
Me: "Oh, honey, you won't be 5 until Wednesday"
T: Sigh.  "You mean after the party and everything, I am STILL 4?  I can't believe this."

Soon enough you will be 5!  Enjoy your days as much as I do!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Love the exchange at the end! Happy Birthday T!

Amanda said...

Thanks!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones