Friday, September 9, 2011

Three Years Old



It is so hard to believe that three years have already passed since we were blessed with Sarah.  It doesn’t seem like that long ago we were headed to the hospital for our induction, yet, I cannot remember life without her here.  Sarah has been such a special, sweet addition to our lives and has definitely brought us much joy, excitement and fun.  I feel so lucky to have been chosen as Sarah’s mother.  She teaches me new things every day.  Things about patience, love, understanding, compassion, stubbornness, being headstrong, loving the little things in life, embracing the power of a popsicle and even that ice cream really is a good breakfast food.  I have enjoyed the last month that Sarah and I have spent together 1:1 as Tyler started Kindergarten.  It has been such fun to have some girl time and some “mom & me” time that we have never been afforded until this year.  I have so many hopes and dreams for Sarah and what she will become, but for now, I just leave it with her favorites for now…..she has so many!
  • ·         Although you fight, you adore your brother and you actually stood in the middle of the yard when the bus took Tyler to school and screamed “Why are they taking him again?”
  • ·         You LOVE candy of any kind (just like your mom)!
  • ·         You are my coffee buddy and love to snuggle up with a cup of coffee and a movie.
  • ·         Your favorite movies are Shrek, Dennis the Menace, Little Rascals and Harry and the Henderson’s.
  • ·         You like to be scared and live for that little feeling of fear (even if you watch something scary with your head under the covers).
  • ·         You keep moving from sun up to sun down.
  • ·         I often say that you have ‘muddy toes and hair bows’ which pretty much sums you up.  You like to be prissy as long as you can still get dirty.
  • ·         You love to ride the Gator in the backyard.
  • ·         You have great affection for Mack, Molly, Bella and especially Lucy (even if she doesn't really like you back).
  • ·         Favorite Foods: Popsicles, Chobani yogurt (peach and strawberry), olives, pickles, cheese and Sun Chips.
  • ·         Favorite Songs:  The Children’s Song (We Are the Children), Country Road by James Taylor and any other toe-tapping gospel.
  • ·         You love to cut paper, you know your ABC’s, 123’s and we are working on recognizing all the letters and sounds.
  • ·         You are often found playing store or taking our “orders” for an Italian or a sandwich and asking us to recite our phone numbers for payment.
  • ·         You are headstrong, passionate, loving, creative, respectful, thankful and most of all wonderful.

I am blessed beyond measure to have you in my life and I cannot wait to see all that you become.  Thank you Sarah for just being 100% you!









No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones