Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Turned a Corner

The last time that our children spent the night away from home was July 3rd of 2009 only because Chad and I were running the Peachtree Road Race the next morning and had to leave before 6am.  Otherwise, if T had a choice, he would have been cuddled right next to me in the bed.  Until last Friday.  I picked up T and Sarah from my parents house and was informed by T that he was coming back on Saturday to sleep at Nana & Pop's house because they have lots of fireflies and he needs to catch them.  I was pretty surprised that he would initiate that and actually brushed it off.  The next day after swimming lessons that is all that he talked about and he and Sarah ended up spending the night with my parents without turning back once.  There was not even a mention of Mom & Dad when he was going to sleep.

The next morning, Chad and I went and grabbed some bagels to take to the house.  When we got there T said that he did not want us to come because he had not had enough time at their house (he had spent 3 days that week there and the night).  Sunday night as we were getting ready for bed, I came out of the bathroom and T was crying.  He was crying because he wanted to be at Nana & Pop's, not our house.  It is really bittersweet.  On the one hand, I want him to spend the night out and be comfortable.  On the other hand, I want him to still want to be at home too!  We definitely turned a corner in the sleepover realm but I am thinking that maybe we turned it a little too sharp :)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones