Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mommy, you are my hero

Tyler and I were looking at old pictures last night.  Pictures of when my life was seemingly easier than it is today.  Easier in that we had no children, minimal stress, the ability to pick up and go on a whim and the time to just enjoy one another as a couple.  Easier in that we had no diapers to change, no little mouths to feed, no lives that depended on us to thrive.  Easier in that we were not consumed with teaching ABCs and 123s, making sure that little ones know what is truly important in life, we were not playing ball in the backyard nor were we blowing so many bubbles that our heads hurt.  It was just easier.  Oftentimes, Chad and I reflect on the 'easier' days and think that it would be nice to just go on a date whenever we choose, sleep until, dare I say 8am, eat junk for dinner if we wanted to and just be lazy if that is what we wanted.  There was not someone waking us up before the sun and hitting the ground at 100 miles an hour from the second they awaken.  It was just easier.

Easier, yes.  Complete, no.  I have always wanted to be a Mom and I feel fulfilled each day when I lay my head on the pillow.  These are some of the pictures that Tyler and I flipped through and our conversation is below each picture:
  "This is when you were growing in Mommy's tummy.  You were just a tiny, tiny baby but you kept growing."  I explained.

"I was little there too, right?" Tyler asked.  "Yes, baby, you were tiny here too.  And you kept growing and growing."

 "Until you grew so big that you were ready to come out of Mommy's tummy.  We were so excited to meet you and hold you."
On July 13th of 2006 you were born.  Tyler looked at me with that look that he gets when he is really trying to figure something out.  "Mom," he said, "with all the pictures we looked at you and Daddy went to a lot of places before I was born."  "Well, yes, some things were just easier before you were born and we tried to do those things when it was just Daddy and I."  "Mommy, I really didn't want to come out of your tummy when I was born.  I wish I was still in there" he said.  I explained that he could not grow forever because my belly couldn't get any bigger.  Why would you want to stay in my tummy, I asked.  "Because when I was in your tummy, I got to go everywhere with you and we were never apart.  I wish I could stay with you always and never leave you.  Mommy, you are my hero" Tyler said.  With a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat, I hugged him tightly and reassured him that we would be together as much as possible.

The little moments like these are the reason why I am overjoyed to be a Mom.  Yes, my life was easier but with ease you tend to miss the little things.  If my life was easier then I would not have the precious little faces waking me at the crack of dawn, I wouldn't be fixing broken toys or justifying why we don't have lollipops for breakfast.  If it was easier then I wouldn't have boo-boo's to kiss, stories to read, nursery rhymes to recite and songs to sing.  If it was easier I wouldn't have these precious conversations, I wouldn't be the hero, I wouldn't have four big blue eyes loving me with all that they are for exactly who I am day in and day out.  I will take a challenge any day in exchange for the Lord entrusting me with these two precious blessings.  I love you Tyler and Sarah.  You both have made our lives a challenge and complete.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones