Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Patience

pa·tience

  [pey-shuhns]  Show IPA
–noun
1.
the quality of being patient as the bearing of provocation,annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss oftemper, irritation, or the like.
2.
an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness orannoyance when confronted with delay: to have patiencewith a slow learner.
3.
quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence:to work with patience.
4.
Cards (chiefly British solitaire def. 1 .
5.
Also called patience dock a European dock, Rumexpatientia,  of the buckwheat familywhose leaves are oftenused as a vegetable.
6.
Obsolete leave; permission; sufference.



Whatever the definition, Lord, please grant me more tomorrow.  Thank you.  Amen.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Oh I hear you! I hope you have a better day tomorrow! I had my first experience of being home alone with the kids today. Bedtime was interesting, but we made it. Am I the only one that sometimes counts the hours until nap or bedtime? :-)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones