Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Jean-O


My great aunt, Jean, just turned 88. She is a trooper. When I think about all the things that she has seen in her lifetime, I am truly amazed about how much she has seen. From her parents traveling in a covered wagon, literally, to losing everything to fires and storms to having 7 older brothers and sisters passing on before her it is just amazing to think about all the different things that she has seen and done. Her days are now mostly spent alone with the television and her little dog, Lollie, by her side. She is blind, diabetic, has broken her hip and now has trouble walking for very long, her mind goes in and out sometimes but through it all she keeps on trucking. My Mom is her primary caregiver which is a daily challenge for both of them. I think my Mom's wings will be bigger in heaven for what she does for Jean - that is where she will be rewarded for the daily chores that she does because I know that she doesn't get the praise that she deserves on earth.



For Jean's birthday, we took her out to go shopping for a new bedspread, lunch and the Dollar Store. Yes, simple things seem big when you don't get out much. I think she had a great day and slept well that night!




No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones