Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tax Season

Is almost over.  Thank you LORD!  It has been a rough couple of months for me, the kiddos and especially Chad.  He was working Saturdays which is not happening anymore (fingers crossed there are only a few Saturdays left in this season) but he has been working ridiculous hours during the week.  We have stopped having dinners as a family and it is definitely dark when he gets home.  My hat literally goes off to single parents, how in the heck do you do it?  Being the entertainer, caregiver, housekeeper, cook, chauffeur, lawn care, teacher, wife and friend is hectic when you are doing it from 7am to 8pm every day.  I honestly have no clue how single parents keep their heads above water.  Kudos to you all!

The positive of not having Chad home very often is that we realize how important the time that we do have together is and there is a lot less wasted time.  It has made us notice what contributions each member of the family brings to the table and we appreciate each other more.

I am so looking forward to April 21st when the tax deadline has passed and the period for amendments has come and gone.  Easter should be great this year, it is really late and I think that is the perfect planning of God to allow the tax world to enter Easter with a clean slate!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones