Monday, June 8, 2009

Chaperone = Exhaustion

I feel old. My nephew turned 15 last week. Chad and I started dating when he was almost 2, just for perspective sake. He is a great kid and this weekend we caught a glimpse of what it would be like to have 7 15 year-old boys. Let's just say that I am glad this is not a full-time job and that I am not octo-mom! Corey decided that he wanted to have a camp out at my parent's house - easy enough they will be outside. And, they were all really well behaved. They played man hunt until 4 in the morning and then were up at 9 (if they actually went to sleep which I am not convinced that they did). T was up until 2am, yep 2am, new record for him. He woke up on Sunday morning at 9 so the level of crankiness was at an all time high as well all day Sunday. We heard boys all night - I think that Chad and I slept for maybe 3 hours on Saturday night. When you are 30 or right around the corner from 30, things just don't work as well the next day when you have 3 hours of sleep. Chad and I are known for not sleeping/requiring much sleep/getting much sleep. But, after Saturday night, I am still hurting and just want to crawl right back in the bed. After these puppies expel a little more energy, I just might do that!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones