Monday, June 1, 2009

Never Underestimate the Power of a Deere

We are so blessed to live in a county that is actually using tax dollars to preserve land and give us these great parks. We have one park at one end of our street and another one at the other. On any given sunny day you can probably find us at one of them. It is a great outlet for the kiddos and for Chad and I to have a moment of sanity out of the house! This past weekend we made it to both. Chad took the kids to the 'playground park' as T calls it, and we all went to the 'duck park'. He decided to take his tractor, John Deere with a full 12 volt motor, trailer and everything green. He usually does a great job and it is amusing to watch the people dodge the tractor as we make our way around the park. This week for some reason he was determined that we would go to the playground at the duck park and climb the "hill" - if you have been there then you know the 'hill'. Now, we have not been to this park and done the hill since before I had Sarah and for that matter before I was really pregnant so probably a year or more. It amazes me that this kid has such a memory and remembers random things on the turn of a dime. T got to the trail that goes up the hill to the playground and made an immediate turn and started for the swings. I was running with Sarah and Chad pleaded with the kid to keep going around the trail. T vacilated for a moment and came to the conclusion if he could not go to the playground that it was a much better idea if he ran at this point and abandoned the John Deere. So, with a smile on my face - because you know that Mom's just put that smile on, that I cannot believe that I am going to do this but I have to pee too bad to argue smile, I jumped on the tractor and rode it around the park. Yes, a grown woman on a power wheels in a crowded park. The looks amused me - seriously, is it that strange that an adult takes her power wheel to the park - I mean what could be more normal, right? About 1/2 mile into the ride my knees were cramping so bad that I had to persuade my kid to ride the tractor again or leave it for another child that would want to ride. He begrudgingly jumped on and completed the 2.2 miles of fun!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones