Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sometimes We Just Forget



I love to run. Period. It is my release for stress, frustration, emotions, everything. I have recently recruited Chad to join me in running and I have to say that I am super impressed with him. Historically, he has HATED running - all caps definitely - but he is a trooper and ran 5 miles with me on Sunday and 4 today. We are also running the Peachtree on the 4th so we are gearing up for that.

Today we took the kids on the run since we didn't really think that T would be able to feed Sarah and change her diaper. We always start out walking and then start running - T informed me that we needed to move faster for it to be a run - gotta love that. Then about a mile or so later he asked me how I was feeling. Dying is what I wanted to say - you weigh almost 40 pounds and the stroller is at least 20 - but I said "Oh, I feel great. How about you?" His response, "Not so good, Mama." Then he says, "Mama, you know, sometimes we just forget. It just happens sometimes." Which I replied, "Yes, honey, we do forget. What did you forget today?" "I have to poop," he yelled "and tee-tee!" Fabulous, we were in the middle of the road with houses and traffic galore. I held out my arm and he sat on my arm laid his head on my shoulder and sat. Sweat pouring, legs and arms shaking, I just knew that I would have a pile on my shoe any second. But, he did go and informed the world that he was feeling much better now. Wonderful - now we can continue on the road - Chad was happy for the break though!

We played, watched the skateboarders and were on the run back. I decided that he could run when we got to our subdivision. He had his iPod (which also doubles as a cell phone, gun and remote - we got the super model) and he ran around the subdivision for about 2 feet. That is how far it took him to find a worm that had a bad day. Those are the ones that fry in the sun before they can get from one grassy patch to another. And with each crispy little critter, he picks it up, crumbles it and says "Mama, another one, he had a bad day too." I am just thankful that I have had a good day! On to the shower now :)

4 comments:

The Lockharts said...

I am so proud of you! Way to go T, sometimes Q forgets as well!

Anonymous said...

I just have to ask if you are going to start carrying a pooper scooper with you on your runs incase T forgets again!!!!

Amanda said...

Now we are adding dogs to the mix so I am sure that I will have a pooper scooper now!

Deanna said...

This is definitely one for a journal. This story might be better than any "I-was-in-labor-for-6-days" story you could ever tell.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones