Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Power of a Water Balloon

Sunday afternoon was beautiful, overcast skies, breezy and not too hot for mid-June. I was sitting in the driveway painting some chairrail for a frame we are building and the kids across the street were out in their driveway playing with water balloons. They had this launcher contraption that would fling the water balloons up the street. It was like a super-slingshot just for water balloons. They shot a few at me and they only made it half-way through the cul-de-sac. Then the Dad came out to help and shot one across the street. It zoomed through the cul-de-sac and right through the glass in our front door. BOOM! The glass exploded and there was glass and water everywhere. Chad was standing on our stairs and heard the explosion and got hit with glass and liquid. He thought something had happened to me since I was outside and came running. I still don't think he has laughed too much about the incident. We get a new one in 2 weeks.....the joys of homeownership!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones