Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sarah Bug is One

We made it to a year. As a mother I feel a sense of accomplishment when we reach one year - we obviously did something right over the last year to make it this far. Sarah has been crying less, laughing more and growing into her personality a little more each day. She puts up a good fight with her brother and has a really strong will. We had our one year appointment at the pediatrician today and she checked out very well. She is a little over 20 pounds and 30 inches long, for those of you that know percentages - she is 41% for weight and 74% for height....maybe she will be a slim, tall one when she grows up! We have been having "episodes" with Sarah lately. Apparently, she is just a dramatic little girl but here is her latest trick. When she gets mad she has decided to hold her breath. Not just for a second, she plays out the full episode by turning blue, falling over, going limp, gives Chad and I a heart attack and after about 30-45 seconds finally takes a breath and starts audibly crying again. She has done this twice and each time is a little more dramatic. The doctor said that she is perfect, just has an attitude when she gets mad but hopefully by age 3 or so she will grow out of it. If this lasts for 3 years, I will look 60 by the time that I am 32. I love her to pieces but I really wish that she would be dramatic in another way....we will see how this develops!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Oh my good heavens. I would. Freak. Out. I try to tell myself that most of the crazy, weird, let's-freak-mama-out kind of stuff that E does, usually lasts for about 2 weeks at a time. That doesn't always prove true - but gives me an end to focus on.

But then, none of those moments involved him turning blue either. Eeeeks.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones