Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Birthday, Cooey!
















Tonight we celebrated my nephew, Corey's, 16th birthday.  I always like to reflect back on the previous year and years when someone's birthday rolls around and this one was no different.  Chad and I started dating when Corey was just 2 years old.  Considering that Chad was an only child, Corey became more of a little brother to Chad than a "nephew".  They have had a special bond since they met and it continues to this day.

We have so many great memories of Corey and things that we have done with him over the years. From trampling through the creek to sleepovers when we were in college to visiting elementary schools for lunch to attending band concerts to vacations in Florida and Disney to making the trek to Camp Rainey Mountain for an hour dinner to tutoring, tutoring, tutoring our way through high school to playing with T and Sarah to shopping to just chilling out and for all in all just being a great kid to spend time with. We treat Corey as if he is one of our own and for the most part always have a laugh or two along the way.  He has helped us with T and Sarah over the last couple years and has been a big part of our family this year as he spent a few nights a week at our house for tutoring.  There are definitely two little kids that look up to him and miss him terribly when he's not here. We have all learned a lot this year and have grown in our maturity (Chad and I included).  Some days were smoother than others and some days we were just tired but I would not change a thing if I had to do it again.

We are so proud of the young man that Corey has become and is on track to become in the next few years.  He is inspiring to many young scouts which was recently reconfirmed as he served as a counselor at Cub Scout camp.  He is a leader in his troop and is submitting the final paperwork for his Eagle Scout this summer.  We are immensely proud of this accomplishment for Corey and Nana, too.  All things considered, Corey, you are a wonderful teenager so amazingly tender hearted, genuine, thoughtful, resilient, intelligent, humorous and fun!  We love you, Cooey and are honored to be a part of your life.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thank you guys sooo much! I love every single one of you and don't know how my life would function without the "safe place" we call the Lackey residence. You guys have been nothing but courteous and loving to me even when i act and have acted like a spoiled brat. I truly appreciate everything you do for me and apologize for any disappointment i have ever brought you.

Love, Cooey;)

Amanda said...

Disappointment, never. Frustrating, sometimes. And I would do it all again tomorrow. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your world. You are a blessing. Talk soon. Love You!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am honored to be the wife of an amazing man and the mother of two adorable kids! I love to be creative and have fun. I hope that you find a thing of two on this site that you would like to try with your kids as well. Enjoy each day!

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones